Wednesday, February 25, 2015

This Half Term's Module

During this module, I've learnt a variety of new information and skills. I hadn't encountered any of the topics involved in the past which meant that all that I have created and learnt was more of a challenge and I'm glad that this was so, as I feel I have been pushed to the best of my abilities. I feel far more informed in subjects such as Cloud Computing and numerous examples of it, especially Google Docs. This is a great achievement when considering I didn't know the basic definition of Cloud Computing at the beginning of this module. 

I'm pleased to say that I didn't encounter too many learning difficulties during this topic but those that I did were not serious and were easily eliminated with a little extra effort and time applied. I'm fairly pleased with the effort I exerted in this module. Though there is always room where improvement could have been made, or extra effort employed, that which I did is of a standard that I can be satisfied with in relation to how I view my potential. I will of course continue to work harder and improve whether I am content with my work or not because that is how development and intellectual enhancement comes to pass. 

I believe that I could improve upon my effort in the next module by doing more research and putting thought into assignments during the lessons more, combined with the time spent at home and in my own free time. I would also like to look into uses related to businesses and professionals for the topics in question rather than students and educational purposes which is where most of my current research lies.

I would give this module a 4.5 out of 5 on the whole because I believe that an understanding of Cloud Computing is becoming more and more important and will be of use to me in the very near future along with advances in technology and a stronger dependence on this branch of IT. The remaining 0.5 would be gained by a further interest in it which I don't personally hold as I don't consider it exciting or have any particular passion for learning about it but this of course is specific to me and can't be prevented. For future learners, I think that this module could be improved by having allowed the students to present their presentations in person because though reliance on technology is important, and clearly in the subject of IT, I still regard communication skills highly and the ability to present clear and specialised information before an audience an important thing to learn how to do. It is also one which could easily be included in this module without impacting on the technological side of things and had the potential to bring a new meaning of the topic to the students themselves. 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent review of your learning and a valid suggestion for improving the module for next time. A presentation or debate might actually benefit the module tremendously. I will plan it out for the next year group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete